Wednesday 10 October 2012

Hares ear

 The Gold ribbed hares ear is more than likely a pattern that has been used by most fly fishermen  at one time or another it is a pattern that I would imagine is known worldwide .
It definitely is a pattern that I always carry in my fly box I think that it was one of the first flies that I used when I started fly fishing and one that I have fond memories of as it has given me some good days when the conditions were right . The hares ear is a pattern that I have copied  and used frequently when fly fishing .
There are a lot of variations of this pattern These are two different versions of the hares ear  that I use. It is a pattern that I always carry in my fly box in a variety of different styles and sizes The wet , and the nymph.

No comments:

Post a Comment