Friday 5 October 2012

Red Sedge

The Red sedge or Brown sedge are quite common on my local rivers and this is a pattern that I often use when  they are about  it floats very well and you can give it a  slight twitch with the tip of the rod to give it some movement when covering a fish  it floats very well and sits nicely on top of the water .
This is probably my favourite time of year when the sedges  come in to there own , there is nothing better in my mind than a moonlit night on a river or Lough when the sedges are hatching and the trout  go into there feeding mode and you can sometimes fish into the early hours .
There are so many different patterns to choose from But once you have the right shape and colour to match the natural insect you should be OK as I find the fish not to be that fussy when they are feeding on sedges as they really attack the fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment