Monday 12 March 2012

Dry Duck Fly


This is a dry fly pattern for the Duckfly that I came across  Quite some years ago and is probably the only duck fly pattern that I tie for the fly box as there is normally  more of a call for the Duckfly patterns to be tied  in the wet style.
This pattern can be  altered  quite simply to imitate the wet fly by making a couple of changes with the hackle by that I mean just put on a soft hen hackle for the wet pattern .
It pays to carry a few wet and dry patterns in your fly box as conditions can dictate which fly to use .
I cant even recall where I came across the tying for the fly  as it was quite a few years ago ,but it is a tried and tested fly pattern  that I have tied up for many Anglers with good success on the western Loughs

No comments:

Post a Comment