Wednesday 14 March 2012

Olive Nymph


I really look forward to the start of the fishing season on my local rivers and doing a  bit of Nymph fishing .
Unless it is going to be very mild at the start of the fishing season and we get good hatches of olives but I haven’t seen this happen for quite a number of years.
This is definitely one of my favourite patterns for the start of the season.
I have had some fantastic sport with this nymph even in the coldest weather when only the foolhardy would venture  out with a fly rod .
not big heavy nymphs but something that is a bit more natural looking , I still like to weight the nymphs that I tie but only enough to get the fly through the surface as I don’t like the nymph to sink to fast
I  really enjoy this type of fishing as it can be done right through the season  especially on those days when nothing is happening and the fish are lying low.
I would definitely recommend this pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment